Our vision:¬†Australia’s marine ecosystems are healthy, productive, valued; and used in a responsible way
OceanWatch Australia Ltd is a national not-for-profit environmental company that works to advance sustainability in the Australian seafood industry.¬† OceanWatch key activities involve:
- enhancing fish habitats and improving water quality in estuaries and coastal environments;
- working with industry and local communities to minimise environmental impacts;
- introducing industry and communities to sustainable technologies and behaviours.
To achieve these positive outcomes, OceanWatch Australia works in partnership with the Australian seafood industry, federal and state governments, natural resource managers, private enterprise and local communities.
OceanWatch Australia has three funding sources; a voluntary contribution from the seafood industry, federal and state government grants and through fundraising activities.
In 2013, delivering on an election promise of further developing Australia’s sustainable fishing sector, Minister for Agriculture, Barnaby Joyce recognised OceanWatch as the NRM organisation with responsibility for enhancing fish habitats and the marine environment.
- Marine NRM News (March 2015)
- SeaNet: OceanWatch seafood industry newsletter¬†(February 2015)
- Marine NRM News (January 2015) New year, brand new Marine NRM News!
- Marine NRM News Christmas edition
- Marine NRM News (November 2014)
- NSW Seafood Industry Council
- OceanWatch Australia’s Strategic Plan (2011-2014)