Our vision: Australia’s marine ecosystems are healthy, productive, valued; and used in a responsible way
OceanWatch Australia Ltd is a national not-for-profit environmental company that works to advance sustainability in the Australian seafood industry.¬† OceanWatch key activities involve:
- enhancing fish habitats and improving water quality in estuaries and coastal environments;
- working with industry and local communities to minimise environmental impacts;
- introducing industry and communities to sustainable technologies and behaviours.
To achieve these positive outcomes, OceanWatch Australia works in partnership with the Australian seafood industry, federal and state governments, natural resource managers, private enterprise and local communities.
OceanWatch Australia has three funding sources; a voluntary contribution from the seafood industry, federal and state government grants and through fundraising activities.
OceanWatch look forward to celebrating our 25th year of operation in 2014, and will continue to work co-operatively with all stakeholders to achieve our vision-
- OceanWatch Marine NRM News #3 (October 2014)
- OceanWatch Marine NRM News #2 (September 2014)
- OceanWatch Marine NRM News #1 (August 2014)
- Victorian Southern Rock Lobster Code of Practice (2013)
- Victorian Bays and Inlets Fisheries Association Environmental Management System (2013)
- Moreton Bay Mangrove Watch Newsletter (February 2013)
- Moreton Bay Seagrass Watch Newsletter (February 2013)
- Live Mud Crab grading guidelines are now available
- December 2012: Oyster Industry Newsletter Vol. 8
- Strategic Plan Report 2012
- NSW Seafood Industry Council
- OceanWatch Australia’s Strategic Plan (2011-2014)