Fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about the environment to join a vibrant national charity working with the seafood and marine community.
Salary Range: $65,000 ex super- pro rata, part time (0.6 FTE)
Location: Pyrmont, Sydney
Contract: 12 months (with possible extension)
Reporting to: CEO
About OceanWatch Australia:
OceanWatch Australia is a national not-for-profit environmental company that works to advance sustainability in the Australian seafood industry. OceanWatch key activities involve:
• enhancing fish habitats and improving water quality in estuaries and coastal environments
• working with industry and local communities to minimise environmental impacts
• introducing industry and communities to sustainable technologies and behaviours.
To achieve these positive outcomes, OceanWatch Australia works in partnership with the Australian seafood industry, federal and state governments, natural resource managers, private enterprise and local communities.In 2013, OceanWatch was recognised and supported as the marine Natural Resource Management organisation by the Australian Government.
About the Role:
Working from our Head Office based at the Sydney Fish Market, the Project Officer will support the OceanWatch Australia team. This will involve:
• Managing the day to day administration of OceanWatch and projects being delivered
• Assisting with project monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Helping project officers with the delivery of projects
• Maintaining our stakeholder database
• Contributing to the development and promotion of OceanWatch
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Project & Company Administration:
• Ability to manage day to day administration of projects
• Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
• Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated organisational ability, problem solving skills and initiative….
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
• Broad understanding of environmental concepts and issues relevant to the seafood industry.
• Ability to prepare and distribute written and graphic communications that require a high level of research, liaison, writing skills and collaboration with internal & external stakeholders.
Demonstrated ability in the use of relevant contemporary computer-based office applications.
• A degree in social science/ science and/or a related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or educational training.
• Familiarity and appreciation for a cross-cultural working environment
• Familiarity and appreciation for Marine environmental issues and/or Australian seafood;
• Familiarity with environmental work, Interest in marine matters, Passion for seafood
• A willingness to work outside of normal office hours to coordinate events and to represent OceanWatch Australia as required.
• Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills;
• A proven ability to be highly organised and self-managed, including a demonstrated capacity to establish work priorities, meet timelines and achieve project management priorities, work independently where required and accept responsibility for work tasks;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, adaptability and creativity;
• Demonstrated capacity to manage a range of complex issues simultaneously, plan and execute workflows and meet deadlines;
• Ability to achieve both individual and team objectives.
$65,000 pro-rata (.6FTE) p/a (12 month contact) ex super.
Apply: If you are interested in this exciting opportunity or require further information, please submit a cover letter, your resume and a response to how you satisfy the key duties and responsibilities via email to email@example.com by 5:00pm on Monday 29th of July 2019.
Interviews will be held the third week of August
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.